[Greenbuilding] between a rock and a shoulder season

LarenCorie larencorie at axilar.net
Mon Jun 9 13:33:13 CDT 2014

From: Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com>

> To us *electricity *to heat anything, to me, is bordering
> on the sacrilegious.

Hi Reuben;

 I strongly disagree with you. The electric grid is the only utility
that is delivering clean energy from 100% green sources.  The
electric grid is distributing wind and Solar.  The electricity that
I have been purchasing for my home for the past few years is
100% from wind.  Most electric grids now offer green energy.
I recently saw where Aurora Illinois was offering 100% green
electricity for only slightly over 4¢/kWh. They are ending that
deal soon, but the higher rate is only 7.17¢, which is just 0.17¢
more than their lowest rate. For a house that uses 300kWh per
month that would be only $6.12 more per year, to buy 100%
green renewable electricity.  The electric grid is a friend to
renewable energy, and getting us off fossil fuels. It did not
used to be that way, but currently, the grid is our best
hope for a far less carbon dependent future.

 -Laren Corie-
 Natural Solar Building Design and
 Solar Heating/Natural Cooling/Energy
 Efficiency Consultation Since 1975
 www.ThermalAttic.com  (many new
 photos and pages, coming soon)

Read my Solar house design articles in:
-Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
http://www.dongrays.com/essn/

Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/

Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas

Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives