[Greenbuilding] between a rock and a shoulder season

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Mon Jun 23 16:30:08 CDT 2014

It's an interesting premise, but there have been big leaps forward in both heating and efficiency in 'improved biomass' stoves and the more modern stoves we're used to in the store since some of the studies he uses as references were done.

GiZ (funded by the German people) has an amazing energy reference  called Energypedia  https://energypedia.info/wiki/Main_Page

my favorite clean cooking stove reference, updated this year:

https://energypedia.info/wiki/File:Micro_Gasification_2.0_Cooking_with_gas_from_dry_biomass.pdf

If you don't know about Hedon, take a look  it's very good: http://hedon.info/tiki-index.php

We are hampered a bit by what we're accustomed to.  Thankfully, some other communities get to just leapfrog over our technology and skip straight to the improved options.

-Erin