[Greenbuilding] between a rock and a shoulder season

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:25:53 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM, LarenCorie <larencorie at axilar.net> wrote:

> From: Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com>
>
>  To us *electricity *to heat anything, to me, is bordering
>> on the sacrilegious.
>>

> Hi Reuben;
>
> I strongly disagree with you. The electric grid is the only utility
> that is delivering clean energy from 100% green sources.

We've disagreed about this before, Laren. I appreciate the sun and the wind
as much as the next person, but
(a) the infrastructure to capture and distribute them at grid scale is 100%
not renewable (everything about wind and solar at grid scale is reliant on
fossil fuels: mining, transportation and manufacturing of the turbines &
panels and wires and towers), and
(b) because of this I'd rather wince at that dependance and use the wind
and solar distributed at grid scale for things that rubbing two sticks
together won't accomplish, like powering a computer or a refrigerator.