[Greenbuilding] Efficient Solar Panels

nick_pine at verizon.net nick_pine at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 06:09:49 CDT 2014

Carmine Vasile <gfx-ch at msn.com> wrote:

>     Does anyone know of a company that leases solar systems with efficient
> Solar Panels? The 99%-Solar City system described in the App note linked
> to http://gfxtechnology.com/ has 24 panels rated @ 5.88 kW DC (~350 Volts,
> 16.8 Amps), but its Annual Production is only 6,376 kWh (0.266 kWh/Panel).
> Solar City engineers also designed a system for our all-electric house
> that can produce only 72% of its annual usage: 10.838 kWh; rated @ 11.03
> kW DC. Our utility doesn't allow ground-mounted arrays or use of our
> carport, so to attain 99% we need panels capable of delivering at least
> 0.37 kWh/yr.    Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of trickling some water over their faces on hot days and
lowering the array tilt at noon with an east-west hinge and a linear
actuator.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/QARL-2418-HV-18-Moteck-Actuator.htm

Trina modules make 240 watts at 1000W/m^2 and 25 C STC cell temp but only
175 at 800 W/m^2 and a 46 C cell temp in 20 C air, with a -0.43%/C power
tempco.

Nick