[Greenbuilding] Solarcity/Silevo

Carmine Vasile gfx-ch at msn.com
Wed Jun 18 16:57:10 CDT 2014

Richard: Thank you; it's exactly what I asked for in my previous post below to the GB Forum. The installed 24-panel array described in the App note is guaranteed to produce 5.88 kW DC (~350 Volts, 16.8 Amps) for 20 years. If SolarCity will lease high efficiency Silveo panels, 24 of them would produce about 7.84 kW DC (33% more).      If I can convince my wife to chop down some trees, we should be able to reach 99%.    Carmine       ______________________    Does anyone know of a company that leases solar systems with efficient Solar Panels? The 99%-Solar City system described in the App note linked to http://gfxtechnology.com/ has 24 panels rated @ 5.88 kW DC (~350 Volts, 16.8 Amps), but its Annual Production is only 6,376 kWh (0.266 MWh/Panel).     Solar City engineers also designed a system for our all-electric house that can produce only 72% of its annual usage: 10,838 kWh; rated @ 11.03 kW DC. Our utility doesn't allow ground-mounted arrays or use of our carport, so to attain 99% we need panels capable of delivering at least 0.37 MWh/Panel.    Any suggestions? Best regards,Dr. Carmine f. Vasile