[Greenbuilding] New type of Chipboard

Ken Beiser woodwrights at centurytel.net
Tue Sep 23 13:24:42 CDT 2014

I live near the plywood plant that you provided the link to and it is a pretty interesting tour to see how it all works....the veneer machine is amazing as well as the choreography of laying up the veneers.  I really hate using OSB so on my own personal projects I always use plywood even though it has less and an even number of veneers now but is still span rated the same as the older and better stuff.  It still holds a fasterner better and stands up the moisture much better.

Ken in Whitefish, Montana
Ken Beiser
Western Woodwrights
Whitefish, MT