[Greenbuilding] Paint a tar roof?

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 7 23:34:45 CDT 2015

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 19:58:18 -0400, Benjamin Pratt
<benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com> wrote:

>   I don't want to put money into the garage. It is a very poor structure.

Around my neighbourhood, in the process of building a new "custom" home
(usually way too big) ,  it's not unusual for three or more full
dumpster-loads of "waste" to be generated .

The first is full usually after the roof is sheathed, before roof cladding
goes on so it's pretty much all lumber.

The second is usually full by the time the interior sheathing and roof
cladding is done.

A person could likely fix all that needed fixing of an existing decrepit
garage using just materials salvaged from the "waste" of one of these new
homes and have enough material for some other small projects.

(ie There would likely be more than enough discarded dimension lumber and
to provide the bottom chords of the parallel chord trusses and more than
enough OSB or plywood to make all of the gussets so that the only cost
might be for fasteners.)

I suspect that it may even be possible to have the dumpster of lumber
waste delivered to your home for free since you'd be saving them the cost
of the tippage fees.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom DT7-64