[Greenbuilding] Crawlspace foam insulation -- how much?

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Fri Jun 12 13:02:17 CDT 2015

I am in NE Oklahoma.  I'm in the process of getting estimates for
crawlspace insulation in the floor joists--closed cell foam.  My crawl
space is dry now that we've fixed some plumbing problems, but I'm having
some cupping issues with some wood flooring and part of the fiberglass
batts that were originally in the house when we bought it were taken out
over time for this and that. Anyway--closed cell foam seems to be the
best solution.

The first guy who came this morning wants to quote me 1.5" foam, though
said he would quote 2" if that's what I really want, saying that would
be enough for "Canada".  I understand about the benefits of air sealing,
but I was still thinking I would need more inches of foam according to
what I've read on R-value & this area. Thoughts?

--
*Leslie Moyer*