[Greenbuilding] Windows

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Mon May 9 16:21:32 CDT 2016

In 1975, we bought an abandoned church, built in 1852, whose original windows I rejuvenated. It had been converted to a school house in 1910, whereupon one new,
factory made window was installed, by Mohawk, predecessor of Anderson. The older windows, presumably heart pine, and put together with wooden pegs, were in better shape.
I had 6 units, not all perfect, and reassembled 4; the beauty of pegged construction. I think that the quality of that old growth pine was crucial. Last used as a school in 1929,
that last coat of milk paint was mostly still on, no less then 46 years later.
Clarke Olsen
clarkeolsendesign.com
373 route 203
Spencertown, NY 12165