[Greenbuilding] attaching 2" rigid foam

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:50:19 CST 2016

I got what seemed to me like a great deal on a bunch of 4'x4' panels of
rigid foam at my local Habitat ReStore. It is apparently actually 1.8"
thick and labeled as Polyiso Roof Insulation (=R10.3). The backing is some
sort of fuzzy paper. I was planning on attaching these panels to the inside
of a fiberglass batt insulated 2x4 stud wall, figuring I'd get a bit more R
without the extra thickness of another stud wall. Are there nails or screws
with large washers that are used with these? Can I glue sheet rock to the
exposed face? Or is there some other method recommended?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Reuben