[Greenbuilding] attaching 2" rigid foam

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Wed Nov 30 04:32:40 CST 2016

if the exterior walls are considered to be "braced wall panels," then the
IRC requires "gypsum wall board installed on the side of the wall opposite
the bracing material." I have little doubt that glued and screwed polyiso
with GWB on the interior would be an adequate substitute, but I'd clear it
with a structural engineer or your building dept, before going forward.

-aa

Alan Abrams, CPBD, AIBD
*Associate Designer Helicon Works Architects
<http://www.heliconworksarchitects.com/>*
*Certified Passive House Consultant PHIUS <http://www.phius.org/home-page>*
*Certified Professional Building Designer, American Institute of Building
Design <http://aibd.org/> *

*President, National Council of Building Designer Certification
<http://ncbdc.com/>*
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com