[Greenbuilding] sucking up loose fill FG insulation

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 5 23:34:44 CDT 2016

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 00:26:31 -0400, Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do folks blow loose bits of fiberglass into walls? Since I would love
> not to lose this stuff I'm wondering it it is conceivable that one could
> reuse this (by >stuffing it into walls by hand

I'd say "Don't bother".

Once you've gone to the hassle of removing that horrid, itchy,  makes-
you- spit -blood  stuff from the attic,  if you were to then turn around
and stuff it into the walls of that building, leaving it for some other
poor soul to deal with in the future,  I think it'd be akin to pulling a
three inch long thorn out of your side and then jamming it into your arse.

I think glass is a wonderful material. As fibrous insulation ? I think
that I'd rather have a 3 inch thorn jabbed into my [use your imagination
here].

Even putting glass into the Blue Box for recycling should be banned,
according to one "expert" that was talking on CBC Radio awhile ago,
arguing that it's a waste of time/energy/resources. But that's a
discussion for another day.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom T6015O

< A r c h i L o g i c at Y a h o o dot C a >

(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "Reply")