[Greenbuilding] sucking up loose fill FG insulation

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 6 00:38:48 CDT 2016

Well said - probably the nastiest stuff in terms of user friendliness - and
probably not much more effective over a few generations than the woodchips
that it replaced and the dust those people inhaled nstalling it. Cold
showers were the only way of rinsing the fibres safely in my day from the
skin and inhalation we won't even discuss.

Have been involved in a lot of renovations and I have young people working
on crews and given how I was treated as a worker when I was young I now just
treat every site as toxic for demolition - its simpler and safer, nicer and
not expensive and 'risk' is simply no longer part of the cost equation that
can be ignored by people that can still afford to build.

This is labour day so I can say that I was exposed to stuff as a youth that
I should never have exposed to as a worker working for employers that were
exploiting both for time and profit. I subsequently have worked to create a
better environment for the generation that is now working with me but still
don't trust the protocols or working environment or even my criteria for
safety and income.

Happy labour day to all us suckers...