[Greenbuilding] removing paper facing from (new) fiberglass batts?

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 07:10:40 CST 2017

Not sure why you would want to punch holes, assuming that you had a proper
vapor barrier in place at the right location in the assembly.
When using multiple layers of ceramic fiber insulation in commercial bake
ovens, we have learned that it is good practice to sandwich foil in there,
to break up the convection currents that happen internally at  high
temperature differentials. I'd guess that something similar happens in
fiberglass even at lower delta T's..........Norbert

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders