[Stoves] Disapprovals about being too closed. Re: Air supply in TLUDs

Otto Formo formo-o at online.no
Sun Dec 5 14:38:15 CST 2010

Dear all and Paul,
thanks for highlighting these issues.
I feel its to much of an important task to let private agendas and hidden efforts to hamper the development of the TLUD Gasifier to play a vital role for the low income households in developing countries.

Thats why I said:
"Leave it to "others" to test the TLUD Gasifiers Units", because it is so much of importance that we dont "fail" this time.
I feel one time, is one time to much, refering to Kampala in 1990`s and due to certain circumstances that time.
Iam not going to repeat the story, but this time Iam going to put all my efforts to make sure that the TLUD Gasifier consept is going to be spread World Wide and not hamperd by some "amateurs" in the field.

The tests should be done in full openness at independet reserach centers like MIT in Boston or SINTEF in Norway, or anywhere else..........
The final tuneing and finishing of the gasifiers should be done together with people of varios expertice and skills on different fields, like they are planing for the working groups at the Alliance in NY.

To my knowledge it is not a matter, if its going to happen, but when..............and I hope very soon.
Why Iam so convinced?
Because, I grew up in this small community and we have the highest number of Olympic medalists (Nordic events) in Norway, outnumbered by none and especially if we look at our small population.
We know it is possible, if you try and work hard enough............and please dont "learn" me how to compete and about "fair play".

If we dont work togehter towards a common goal, I dont think we will achive to much in the future.

Have a nice sunday.

Otto