[Stoves] About releasing of emissions data (with ref to earlier messages)

psanders at ilstu.edu psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 5 19:35:54 CST 2010

Stovers,

Only about releasing emissions test data:
Ron wrote:
> ......I'd rather get none than crappy data. ......

I agree, but if we have none (and we thank them for not giving crappy
data), then the options are:

1.  They do not have any data (a valid response for those without
access to testing facilities, but not valid for the corporations that
claim low emissions).

2.  The data are not as good as reported by others for other stoves.

3.  The data are great but  they do not want to show others that great
data.  How could that be?  perhaps because of
       a.  modesty or

       b.  not wanting those with higher emissions to feel that their
stoves are inferior, or

       c.  they doubt that their tests could be replicated by others
in the future, or

       d.  concern or fear that releasing their data might somehow
help some other stove effort, or

       e.  Corporate policy (based on a or b or c or d above???)

       f.  some other reasons.

4.  Perhaps the entities are unaware that others such as readers of
the Stoves Listserve are honestly interested in knowing the emissions
data of the stoves that have fame and market share.   (If you know
those people - who might not read these Listservs - , please forward
this message to them, or you can ask them directly and very nicely.)
(( I am sending this message to a contact I have with Philips, and I
hope for some reply even if not via the Listservs. ))

***  I admit that I am proding for those entities to release some
emissions data for the Oorja, Philips stove, Enviro-fit, for the
different versions of the Lucia stoves, and any other serious
candidate stoves.  If those data are released already, I apologize for
proding.  Just show us where the data are.

When I want to purchase an automobile, I check the data on expected
miles per gallon (or km per liter).  It should be the same for stoves.

Until I see some data, I cannot give full appreciation to those stoves.

Quoting rongretlarson at comcast.net: