[Stoves] Disapprovals about being too closed. Re: Air supply in TLUDs

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:23:25 CST 2010

Dear AD

You are unfortunately living in an intellectual property regime that does
not do proper searches before issuing patents. It is not widely known that a
patent is not considered valid unless it has been upheld by an US court,
which costs about $180,000. Whatever people think, that is the commercial
reality in the world where real fights take place.

I rarely patent inventions and often wish someone would steal the idea. They
can patent it and I will keep quiet because a) they will develop the market
and b) in 20 years it will be available to me again, and everyone else.

Some things are not interesting to me. How many things can I afford to bring
to market anyway? It takes time and energy. Remember Abbie Hoffman's book
called, "Steal this Book"? Well some stovers are saying, "Steal this Stove."
And when no one does...?

Helping the masses is harder than that.

>People having loads of money use our technology and knowledge, but after
they have patented their own designs, which are based on ours, they claim
quite openly that the entire technology was developed by them. We have to
accept this as a fact of life, because we just don't have the money to fight
legal battles or to place costly advertisements in the media.