[Stoves] Drawing down the dung pile

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Dec 7 08:17:45 CST 2010

Dear Crispin

Here is an articles on Manure Tea: http://www.ask.com/questions-about/Manure-Tea

I understand that the major beneficial constituents of Manure Tea are:
* Protein, for direct feeding of soil micro-organisms.
* Nitrates
* Hormones beneficial to plant growth
* Trace elements.
* Potassium

It also contains sodium salts, which may aggravate a high sodium condition in soils in arid locations.

I understand that it contains relatively low calcium and phosphorous, in that they co-precipitate and would report to the washed dung.

Best wishes,

Kevin