[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 4, Issue 13

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Tue Dec 7 17:36:02 CST 2010

Good questions Kevin,

 I am embarrassed to say that I have never pursued the issue, an admission made worse by the fact of having extolled Biogas tech widely in Tanzania through most of the 70's . Question is if the bath is acid as Crispin implies through his description of the mentioned peace corpsman,  what effect would  that have on the  fiber content of the dung so essential for wet process briquetting ? We would need the fibers intact.
As also related to Crispin's story about the use of the decanted liquid for solidifying clay: I'm just wondering Crispin; did you get any idea of the thermal properties of the resulting clay-cement ? Would it in other words be good for stove insulation and/or structure ?

Richard