[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 4, Issue 13

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:26:16 CST 2010

Dear Kevin,
the slurry should be mostly lignin. The mucus in the dung is sticky. It
helps in holding the dung cake together, even when it is shaped by hand. In
the process of anaerobic digestion the mucus gets digested. I have not heard
of anybody using slurry from a biogas digester as domestic fuel, most
probably because that household would be using biogas as cooking fuel.
Frankly, I do not know if the slurry would be briquettable or not
Yours
A.D.Karve