[Stoves] Coal Heater

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:03:47 CST 2010

Dear Jeff

Do you know if it is a downdraft stove?

I am not sure how much coal is in 'a bucket' by that is a very low burn
rate. Interesting indeed.

It may be a smoulder not a fire, but it is certainly the right layout to
keep the heat in. I wonder if you have a thermocouple and can take
measurements here and there.

I would be interested to come down and see it - could poke my combustion
analyser into it for a while.... :)

Any product that is well liked by the market for a long time usually has
desirable features. We could learn something....

<http://rtstoves.1freecart.com/fm.asp?url=http%3A%2F%2Frtstoves.com%2Fmain.h
tm>

The dealer uses one to heat his 1800 ft^2 well insulated house.

This is an anthracite machine that is popular with the Amish because there
is no need for electric. This year I have no time for fuel and will be
wintering on Nut Coal. But in the far future I will try charcoal and
charcoal Fireballs.

An example on ebay:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-BUCKET-A-DAY-COAL-HOT-WATER-STOVE-SAVE-/23054
1625542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ad5a08c6>

With the aid of Google's Patent Search Engine it's possible to get a glimpse
of the blood line:

The radiation design is something to weigh in the mind:
2,151,516
2,210,854

779,467
920,390