[Stoves] FW: Announcement of the IIEA-Project Gaia Appropriate Scale Alcohol Fuel Production Seminar -- Global Solution for Cooking, etc.

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 23:40:47 CST 2010

Dear Richard

Cecil Cook's survey of charcoal mass through the production chain in
Mozambique found 50% of the charcoal produced disappeared before it reached
the stove.

Transport distance is a significant variable, I understand.

+++++++++++

Crispin,

Especially when we an happily use all the crumbs and fines associated with
charcoal selling ( it approaches 20% of total volume received at the sellers
stalls). That makes a charcoal based blend which will generally run up
against and often surpass any lump charcoal of equal volume.

Proof of pudding is in local selling prices: the charcoal blended briquette
usually sells for 1.5 to 2 x  that of the regular ag residue blends...

What greater real measure of its value can there be than that ?

Richard

Arusha Tz.