[Stoves] Coal Heater

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:04:43 CST 2010

Dear Jeff

That is exactly what I would expect the round top to do: minimise the
volume, minimise heat loss in the combustion area, maximise the temperature
and get the combustion completed before the gases leave the hottest area.
Then heat transfer can take place.

A major 'strategic' problem with many stoves is that an attempt is made to
directly heat some surface using the flame while it is still burning. This
approach is the biggest problem with cheap charcoal stoves. The result is
the inverse of the the things listed above.