[Stoves] Could barbecues help fight climate change?

vetle cappelen vetle_cappelen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:13:59 CST 2010

Dear Lloyd!

I Do think barbecues can help fighting the climate change. By adding environmental friendly fuel also to the "every day" usage as barbecue or heating, we all will contribute and show our support (the little we can as private people) to fight the negative climate changes. In a kind of fun way.

Not only to reduce the CO2 emissions, but also for the disposable waste. Here in Norway, it´s a huge problem during the summer time when people are using disposable barbecues and are just leaving them behind. Every year over 200 ton of residual waste are generated in parks and in the nature.

I´m working on a portable natural draft barbecue that are using pellet as fuel. I see a lot of advantages, it´s: cheaper fuel, environment friendly, no smoke, starts directly, not only for the meat and vegetables but also to cook water for the potatoes and rice.

Barbecuing will for sure not give the enormous impact to make the world less carbon negative, maybe not at all. But hey! Lets agree: It´s better to do something...  than nothing!?

Best Regards
Vetle Cappelen