[Stoves] Biochar Projects for Science Students

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 18:31:00 CST 2010

Dear Stovers,
Many of the traditional Indian drugs have the property of strengthening the
human immune system. Medically, such drugs are called adjuvants. The plant
Tinospora cordifolia was one of the first to be investigated from this point
of view. It was discovered that persons taking the formulation based on this
plant showed a higher count of T-lymphocytes in their blood. Turmeric has
also now been shown to act as an adjuvant. In India, drinking the juice of
neem (Azadirachta indica) leaves is recommended as a general tonic but I
know of hardly anybody doing it, because it is quite bitter.
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Jeff Davis <jeff0124 at velocity.net> wrote:

> Dear Crispin,
>

> I have to admit that I never drank the stuff before. Maybe it doesn't
> work on the bugs that I had or maybe the neem oil I bought had something
> wrong with it. Or maybe it needs to be applied for months before the
> bugs get their heart attack. I do know that my bottle was a
> disappointed..
>

> Best wishes,
>

> Jeff
>

> On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 22:18 +0800, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
> > The use and effectiveness of neem is well proven
>

> --

> http://www.bioenergylists.org/
> Stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

*Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *