[Stoves] CO monitoring seeking practical analogues in localtesting methods for the 90% of the rest of us

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 14:48:59 CDT 2010

Dear Richard

Alex English has such a device though I still can't work out how it works -
it is reversible.

+++++

Dear Richard,

When CO combines with haemoglobin, the CO-haemoglobin complex has a
different colour than normal haemoglobin. I am quite sure that there are
other chemicals too that bind with CO and I feel that it is quite posible to
devise a paper strip that turns its colour when exposed to CO.

Yours

A.D.Karve