[Stoves] Charcoal prince in Monrovia, Liberia

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 18:36:12 CDT 2010

Rogerio and all

Good questions.

I think it very important that we learn the same price information for wood - preferably at all the different levels (producer, wholesale, retail) - that one can purchase either wood or char. Also I think it important to hear the price of fines, if possible. My experience is that a lot is sold only by the kilo - not the bag - so knowing that difference would be helpful.

While at it, knowing the price of any other energy carrier would be helpful (electricity,.petrol, propane, candles, etc). If sold by bags or bundles, we need the weight of those units (approximate if all that is available).

While at it, I'd like to know whether production and sale of charcoal is illegal in these countries. Also if price trends are known, that would be helpful.

Ron