[Stoves] MUST CHARCOAL BE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN?

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 18:37:19 CDT 2010

Tom and Jeff:

In the absence of the concept of Biochar, I am sure that leaving as much around as possible is the best strategy from the point of view of soil health. But if we are serious about removing CO2 from the atmosphere through Biochar, and we generally believe that Biochar greatly helps most soils, I am guessing that there is today a different optimum. Any idea whether Scott Moser (or any forester) might have taken another look since Biochar's impacts on soils have been recognized?

(I also couldn't open either of the reports)

Ron