[Stoves] MUST CHARCOAL BE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Oct 16 20:59:34 CDT 2010

Ron,

I am sure that Chris Maser is aware of biochar although I don't see it mentioned on his site.

http://www.chrismaser.com/  "Social - Environmental Sustainability"

We have found many of the forest soil scientists to be very interested in biochar.  I am sure that they have looked at the potential impacts of biochar on forest soils. This is particularly relevant to stoves since much of the subsistence population needing improved stoves lives on forest soils rather than on what you would consider agricultural soils.

Tom