[Stoves] CO- and Oxygen-affinity to haemoglobine

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 19:12:25 CDT 2010

Dear Crispin,
does this mean that our bodies are producing CO, or does it mean that the
measuring instrument is wrong? If our bodies are producing CO and if
haemoglobin has a higher affinity to CO than O2, the self-generated CO
should have poisoned all of us by now.
Yours
A.D.Karve
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser at web.de>wrote:

> I was still confused, so I read most of the Wikipedia article and have some
> understanding now, but wouldn't think that the production would be constant
> enough to make a device calibration on its basis.
>
> regards,
> ron
>

> On 26.10.2010 17:34, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
>
>> Hi Ron
>>
>> By using a calibrated combustion analyser.
>>
>> We breathe out far more CO than we breathe in. Actually I didn't test my
>> combustion efficiency. I will get a CO/CO2 ratio for myself sometime.
>>
>> Regards
>> Crispin

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

*Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *