[Stoves] CO- and Oxygen-affinity to haemoglobine

frank frank at compostlab.com
Thu Oct 28 18:53:57 CDT 2010

Martin, stovers,

Great bit of info...

I was wondering if nitrates work the same as CO?  Drinking water has a
limit of 10 ppm NO3-N because for babies it reduces the oxygen in the
blood -they say. Perhaps converting to nitrite? For adults it does not
seem to be a problem as a green salad has lots of nitrates.

Not to change the subject - I am finding this very interesting.

Thanks
Frank