[Stoves] Attempt to decipher political narrative of Clinton announcement

Nick Bruns nick.bruns at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 12:58:30 CDT 2010

Hello all!

I am having a great difficulty trying to get a handle the political
narrative of this news.  Nearly all of the pieces I've seen have been either
basics on why stoves, or inflammatory blogs about spending and what not.

Where is this money coming from? What process did it take to bring about
this pledge? Who were the supporters, and who the major opponents?  Any
surprises on either side?  What types of obstacles had to be overcome, and
how exactly did that happen?
How is the resulting outcome?
Also, are there any good summaries, other then the brief mention in
Clinton's speech itself, on what exactly this scheme will look like?

Thank you,
Nick Bruns