[Stoves] aluminium top plate

CHRISTA ROTH stoves at foodandfuel.info
Fri Apr 8 04:21:48 CDT 2011

Am 07.04.2011 um 18:09 schrieb Crispin Pemberton-Pigott:

> You know the top of the Stovetec 2-door unit? It has a very thin
> cast iron plate which is quite cheap but you have to get them from
> China, about $1. Perhaps they could be made in AL from local drink
> cans. I don’t think anyone could melt one in normal use.
>
> Sumpin’ to think about.

done already: we had the same idea in Madagascar, where pot-makers in
the highlands not only make pots but all sorts of other items at low
prices from aluminium. great stuff.  all made with sand casting. the
Swiss NGO ADES ran with the idea and  started making potsupports  in
2009, but I only saw the first stove in Switzerland last year (see
photos). I don't know the cost but it is affordable.

please copy, it is doable! at least where you have a trade and the
skills in country, which seem to be more abundant in the french-
speaking countries in Africa

and I like Crispins idea to cast different pots. Let us know how
things go. It might be easier to getting the pots adopted than some
stoves...
regards Christa