[Stoves] aluminium top plate

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:55:36 CDT 2011

Dear Christa

Good to hear from you.

I wondered what Marlis was up to in the highlands.

Still looking forward to making my first trip to Madagascar.

>the Swiss NGO ADES ran with the idea and  started making pot supports  in 2009, but I only saw the first stove in Switzerland last year (see photos). I don't know the cost but it is affordable.

This looks like a great way to create a tapered gas space under the pot. If you remember the guy with the water heating coil (Jompy, UK?)...there is a guy Werner Schultz in Namibia making stoves for his staff that have a coiled pipe inside the stove body. Such a pipe could be cast into a stove top like the one in you photo, sort of a combination of the two ideas. Werner uses copper pipe.

So let's give it shot in a few countries.

>and I like Crispins idea to cast different pots.

I think Dale would be please to see his work verified in a real product. If recasting a pot saves 15 or 25% of the fuel, or just makes cooking faster, that would be a quick and reliable improvement. Once the idea caught on all future pots would have fins. I saw a finned wok somewhere - I think at an ETHOS meeting (?). Clearly would help with a gas/biogas cooker, probably gasifiers too if the flame is short and hot.

Paul, I know you're listening!

Regards
Crispin in Toronto

 Let us know how things go. It might be easier to getting the pots adopted than some stoves...
regards Christa