[Stoves] An Application of the Anderson TLUD stove

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:11:30 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 19 April 2011 13:04:22 Ray Menke wrote:
> My wife and I made a short video showing how we make Pita Bread using
> a version of this stove design.  Here is the link:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuoE2KAbQI

<snip>

> (The same fan assembly can be used with my other stoves.)
> For normal water heating or cooking, the fan is not used, but making
> 32 pita breads requires over 90 minutes of controlled high level heat.
> There is no smoke!
> We have been using our woodgas stoves for most of our cooking chores,
> and have used over 900 ¨strike anywhere¨ matches.  (Implying almost
> 900 uses of a woodgas stove.)

Hi Ray

It does show that TLUD devices don't have the problems which people expect
from a simple batch burn and I see you do add fuel from the top. The
acronym actually stands for Top Lit Updraught Stove rather than the top
loaded you comentry implies.

You say you use the char saved at the end of each run for cooking and
gardening, any idea what proportions for each use and an estimate of
production from you ~900 burns?

AJH