[Stoves] An Application of the Anderson TLUD stove

Ray Menke ray.menke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:04:22 CDT 2011

My wife and I made a short video showing how we make Pita Bread using
a version of this stove design.  Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuoE2KAbQI
Since I built the stove using the brightly colored helium balloon
bottle for the outside cylinder it has gotten lots of use, and the
colors have faded away.  The interior and chimney have been replaced
many times using my collection of coffee cans, grapefruit juice cans,
and used stove pipe. The stainless steel kitchen pot cover has held up
very well, and is still original, as well as the 2" steel pipe
providing the primary air.  As  shown in the video, I have added a bit
of forced air when I need more firepower.  I mounted a 12 volt cpu fan
from a junked computer (I think it was an old 386) in the bottom of an
olive can, and used some heavy cardboard and some tape to make a
funnel for the other end..which I stick into the primary air pipe.
(The same fan assembly can be used with my other stoves.)
For normal water heating or cooking, the fan is not used, but making
32 pita breads requires over 90 minutes of controlled high level heat.
There is no smoke!
We have been using our woodgas stoves for most of our cooking chores,
and have used over 900 ¨strike anywhere¨ matches.  (Implying almost
900 uses of a woodgas stove.)
Now, we have a drought and wildfires and 30 to 50 mph wind gusts so
all open fires are banned (Texas), so guess we will be eating
sandwiches for a while..really don´t want to spend two years in jail
for arson!  It will rain someday.

--
Ray  Menke