[Stoves] Stoves on Oprah

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:32:57 CDT 2011

Dear Friends

"On May 7th, Oprah Winfrey will host a special television show called
"Extraordinary Moms" in honor of Mother's Day.  The show will feature an
interview with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton talking about
cookstoves and the impact that they have on women around the world.  The
Alliance's new Global Ambassador will also be revealed on the show!  We ask
you to publicize this event on your website, Facebook page, or on Twitter,
and make sure to watch what is sure to be a very inspirational show!

"In May, the U.S. Government's National Institutes of Health will lead a
workshop in Washington, DC, to discuss what is known about the health
impacts of harmful cookstove smoke and to determine critical research gaps
that, if addressed, can help identify strategies for improving the health of
poor women and children globally.  We look forward to sharing the outcomes
of this conference with our Partners and Donors when they are available."

+++++++