[Stoves] Secondary combustion.

John Davies jmdavies at telkomsa.net
Mon Aug 1 00:22:03 CDT 2011

Dear Tom and all.

I work with industrial  gas furnaces,

Some use a mixture of gasses with H2, CO, CO2, CH4 with traces of C2's to
C4'4's. -  with a HV as low as 16 MJ/m3.  Others burn Natural gas with a HV
of 40 MJ/m3.  Some have preheated air and some do not.

All run with a minimum of excess air, with about 1.5 to 2% O2 in the flue
gas and very low CO.

The common factor in all these flames is the 3 T's .  Turbulence,
temperature and time.  All having turbulent mixing,  A well insulated
combustion chamber, and a large area for the flame to burn to completion.

This is the scenario that we need to try and emulate as far as possible in
the secondary flame of our stoves. How close we can get to this is the big
question.

Regards,
John Davies