[Stoves] preheating air (and learning about how these devices work)

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Aug 1 01:19:13 CDT 2011

Stovers,

It is stimulating to read the discussions between Crispin, Tom R, and
Andrew H.  It is great minds like these that carry us all forward.

I am not in that league, but I did attend a gasifier stove workshop in
China about 5 or 6 years ago.  There, the leader/instructor was Prof.
Dr. Mukunda of Bangalore, India, a noted world expert now retired.  I
do remember him emphasizing the importance of heating the secondary air.

Another advantage of heating the secondary air in the 2-walled TLUDs
is the cooling effect on the metal of the fuel chamber, thereby
prolonging its life.

Sorry, that is all that I can contribute more to the quantitative discussion.

I hope that Crispin can come to the BEF Stove and CHAB camp in
Massachusetts on 7 - 12 August.  Tom Reed will be there, and a growing
list of others with significant experience and/or projects of
interest.  Contact Hugh McLaughlin for further info.   Hugh McLaughlin
     <wastemin1 at verizon.net>

For anyone who has not been to a stove camp and is in striking range
of Massachusettes, I strongly recommend that you consider this 5-day
event.  Stovers are working literally at the frontiers of knowledge
and they have opportunities to interact.  This will be my 11th Stove
Camp, and I am excited to be attenting!!!

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)

Quoting ajheggie at gmail.com: