[Stoves] Secondary combustion.

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:00:34 CDT 2011

Hello.....

       This tid bit may or may not help, but from field work here on Vashon I found that the EPA certified stoves which we installed had their greatest success at curbing both smoke and consumption were the ones owned by people who took the time to really understand the product and it's need for properly cured fuel. It was very clear that the stoves had much better secondary burn and used less fuel when proper curing was done. I believe that reducing consumption also made it easier for the average homeowner to have the time and energy to actually cure their wood......I think this is one big reason I am in favor of any device which reduces consumption as it gave my clients more time having to do less in the process of ensuring dry fuel was available.
      I also used to run around with a moisture meter in hand as once in a while a client would pop off with a complaint about a stove we installed. We would show them the content of their wood, then burn a densified log in their stove and often shock the heck out of them. This only goes to show the importance of both great product and great education and the hand in hand correlation. No matter how great your product is, if the end used does not fully understand it's needs there will be no benefit to them or the environment.
Good day to you all....Roger.