[Stoves] institutional rocket stoves

Larry Winiarski larryw at gotsky.com
Sun Aug 7 23:55:26 CDT 2011

Dear Xavier

Sometimes , where they have dirt floor, I sink part of the institutional
rocket stove into the ground and use  a sloped feed or vertical feed . In
thedown feed,  the combustion camber is then J shaped rather then L shaped
and I use a horizontal tile or brick to hold up the sticks and control the
air gap so that the air goes down the sticks to cool them and blow the
flames into the tunnel. One can also dig a short trench in fron of the
sticks and use a moveable big brick or block to hold the sticks vertical.
One can also take this block out of the way and feed the sticks horizontal
or clean out the ash.

God Bless

Larry Winiarski