[Stoves] A heat-resistant insulation mix

larry winiarski larryw at gotsky.com
Wed Aug 10 02:09:26 CDT 2011

Thanks Frans

I did not That!

sodium silicate is called water glass But I read recently potassium silicate is also called water glass. I also heard that Potash made from human Urine (chamber lye) contains po tassium nitrate, a key component of gunpowder. During the american civil war the South was short of potasium so the confedera te  army  in Atlanta Georgia requested all the women to save their "chamber Lye" and the army would collect it to-- soak and then burn straw to make potassium nitrate. (Nitre)??

Their is a funny song about this. Google to find "mudcat cafe "and search for a song called "chamber lye"

Larry