[Stoves] Jatropha and its future

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 18:33:45 CDT 2011

Jan and list:

Thanks for the detailed responses. I hope you can continue to supply good photos like those we have seen. Very helpful in figuring out how to make pyrolysis stoves move faster. I think the central secondary air post has a lot of promise. I believe a combination pot and stove combination could give high efficiency with where you are heading, since you already have a convective shield geometry. As said earlier, I think a control over primary air is important and will prove valuable in more than the shutdown operation
The use of the full jatropha seed seems to be a good solution where rural folk need propety boundaries. In reading about jatropha, I see there are big gains to be made in seed production through proper pruning (same as for almonds) - so your stove system could have a bigger supply than now being planned for and can maybe get to more urban folk as well.

Ron