[Stoves] Re charcoal in Cambia

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Thu Aug 18 01:27:34 CDT 2011

Dear Crispin ( not as usual this time)

            This time I would like to invite you for an Inka meal I learned in Peru last time I was there. Chicken, sweat potatoes, union, bananas, pineapple, all fried a special way on charcoal. I have now done the same meal with my Peko Pe TLUD-ND with 1.5kg chopped twigs from trees in my own garden. A meal for 4 persons, it stayed 1:30 minutes in my self made brick oven. And it was just the same as the Inka meal. Really delicious, the char left 25%. I  don't need to put it into my garden soil since this is quite fertile and rich of humus so I saved it for boiling  water later in the same stove. Some people staying at places with a more sandy soil will advantage of putting char into it.

            You could probably make same meal with 1.5 kg of charcoal, but then you need about 5-6 kg of wood for making the char. I use the same oven for backing my 2 bred every week, using 1kg of chopped twigs, after one hour the flame is ended and the bread is ready.

            And if Richard S will join us we could also have a beer together and discuss, how to  save the forest, create more jobs and improve the health and econnomy situation for the cook We could also make some calculations with some other figures

With regards Paal W