[Stoves] 4 Dog Stoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 16:22:50 CDT 2011

Dear Friends

There is a very complete show by Don Kevilus of his Four Dog Stove at
http://www.youtube.com/user/fourdogstoveco?email=comment_received#p/a/u/1/TZ
0E8ln7sig and a couple of interesting things are worth mentioning.

It is a relatively sophisticated black metal shoebox shaped stove with
removable legs.

There is a view port in the front door with a perforated steel sheet
covering it. This is exposed to the radiating heat from the fire, and
primary air is drawn through it. My observation is that the heating of the
perforated sheet with its little holes has the effect if heating the
incoming air, using very little space or materials. There is a formula I dug
up from somewhere that calculates the heat of air passing through a
perforated plate of stated thickness. This stove is using the principle,
though I suspect it has been used accidentally.

The stoves (there are different sizes) have a water heater on the side, and
a telescoping chimney. Note the use of woven door seals and at least some
sort of a secondary burning chamber.

Made in the USA. www.fourdog.com