[Stoves] Fuel production, biochar, and feeding the stove in 2040

George Riegg Gambia icecool at qanet.gm
Wed Aug 24 07:11:27 CDT 2011

The gospel from the jungle....
just out of curiosity to my learned friends here

I was part of a workshop with nursery school teachers about environmental
issues and one of the sessions dealt with the benefits of trees in our lives
and communities. Compiling a list one teacher said that our traditional
"bantas" (metting place/time) are held under the village tree (usually a
massive old Baobab, Silk Cotton or Mango) and this is done because holding
it there benefits the tree - his argument was that so many people (anything
up to 25 or 30) give up so much carbon feeding the tree and the tree pays
back by providing the "better air" as he puts it.... this is also why these
trees are so healthy....

Being the kind of over-educated cynical guy I am I reserved my comment and
judgement for another day.... now I wonder.....

George form the jungle