[Stoves] Sand as Insulation

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Thu Aug 25 22:56:01 CDT 2011

Dear Crispin,

About five years ago I did some research in the use of smashed up glass
as an insulation. This was used to insulate the fire tube of a gas
producer. I built the machine with the glass insulation but never had
the time to replace it with other material to see how it compares. In
one way it sounded like a bad idea because of the density but on the
other hand the hope was that the shiny pieces would reflect the energy
back into the tube. Oh well I just ran out of time....

Jeff