[Stoves] Re Large TLUD for CO2

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Sun Aug 28 06:16:14 CDT 2011

Dear Paul S A

            The incinerator is based on a very simple natural draft system and I called it that time  the Multifuel Combustion System (MFCS) The name TLUD was not known that time..In !986 I started the development of the Peko Pe with the 200 litre barrel, and made it smaller and smaller until I came to the right size to be used for cooking  some years later in the refugee camp in Adjumani North of Uganda with straw as fuel, where it also got its name. We used one unit for small pots cooking, 3 bigger units for cooking with big pans and 3-4 for melting scrap aluminium for moulding cooking pots, only using the energy the charcoal producers and charcoal enthusiasts prefer to let go up in the air for nothing.. If we first can utilize the energy normally lost, for cooking and the char for simmering or soil improvement we are on the road. 60 litres of water will come to boil with 8 kg of woodchips and continue boiling 2 hours on the glowing from the char, or give 2kg biochar for the soil if you prefer that.

            The TLUD-ND combustion system should be trained at an early stage at primary schools in developing countries to start the understanding and need of changes within the

household energy sector.

With regards Paal W paaw at online.no

.