[Stoves] Stove terminology

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:39:44 CDT 2011

On Monday 29 August 2011 22:24:08 Boll, Martin Dr. wrote:
> As English-learned and not English-nourished, I have a problem with the
> word "down".
>
> Does it mean:
>
> - On bottom? - From bottom?  - Directed to the bottom?

It means directed to the bottom

> And following that word:  downdraft: draft from bottom? Draft to the
> bottom? These two meanings are contradictory.

Draught to the bottom or draft to the bottom  according to which side of
the atlantic you are ;-), draft in queen's english means an unfinished
document.

I'm happy to try and sketch out some diagrams in draft form if someone
wants to tidy them up. Or perhaps there is a graphic artist here willing
to take on the task requested by Steve?

AJH