[Stoves] TLUDs into Haiti next week -- send your contact info

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Aug 29 22:28:44 CDT 2011

Dear Stovers, (ILF, TWP, Jon and Flip Anderson, and others please reply.)

If you have contacts or conduct stove work in Haiti, please let them
know that a small group will be in Port au Prince and Arcahaie from 3
to 10 September to initiate a TLUD stove project.

I am going there with two fellows from Haiti Reconstruction
International (HRI).       see:     http://haitireconstruction.ning.com/

HRI has not previously done stove work.  HRI has chosen the TLUD
technology of cookstoves for its stove efforts.  The group will be
bringing several models of TLUDs, most of them so new that they have
not yet been described on the Stoves website and Listserv.

1.  The Uganda variation of the Champion TLUD

2.  The tall "Stove Pipe" TLUD by Paul Wever of Chip Energy

3.  The combination TLUD & charcoal stove by Roth, Anderson and Lloyd

We have a cooperating local host with production capabilities.  And we
have expertise with vetiver grasses that will be considered as a fuel.
  We will be evaluating suitable fuels, including use of wood pellets
that were delivered to Haiti after the earthquake but remain in a
stockpile.

We are seeking additional contacts in Haiti both for mutual
assistance; all TLUD technology is "open source" and freely shared.
We are also inviting interested persons and organizations to our
intended demonstration events::

1.  In Arcahaie on Sept. 6th and 7th and

2.  At Matthew 25 House, #6 Rue A. Martial, Delmas 33, Port-au-Prince
Sept. 9th and 10th.

If we should make contacts with someone in Haiti during this trip,
please send the names and contact information to BOTH Paul Anderson
and Mike Mahowald.

Michael Mahowald <memahowald at hotmail.com>
Paul S. Anderson <psanders at ilstu.edu>

This will be my first trip to Haiti, and I will be learning a lot!!
What is learned will be shared also at the BEF Stove Camp at Zamorano
University in Honduras on 26 - 30 September (conducted in Spanish).

If you can, please help us accomplish the maximum possible on this
introduction of TLUD stoves to Haiti.

Thanks in advance,

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)